5.20.2011

Finding Nemo....

Today was Quinn's "un-birthday" at preschool :)  His real birthday is July 24 (He'll be five)....So I think it's really great that each of the summer birthdays get celebrated during the school year.  I am fairly certain that never happened when I was in school.  My birthday was always about 2 days after school let out.  Anyway....Last night while Quinn and I were sitting around talking about the all important un-birthday, he told me that he wanted to read a book to his class.  Ummmmm, ok?  Not that he isn't capable of it, but for as outgoing as Quinn is he really tends to be shy when the situation calls for it.  I was very supportive though and told him that would be great!  Go pick a book and you can read it to me.  First he picked Fox in Socks.  When I pointed out that this particular book is 62 pages we both agreed he would pick a different book.  Finding Nemo it was.  I had so much anxiety for him this morning despite the fact that he woke up looking forward to reading to his class.  I was counting down the minutes until I could call and see how he had done!  And I am super proud to say that he did it!  And he is very proud of himself!  So proud of himself, in fact, that he asked if he could be "The Letter U" tonight.  Who am I to say no?

I would just like to add, that while this is most certainly Quinn's accomplishment, I have to be proud of Jude too.  Jude is such a great big brother that I am almost positive he taught Quinn to read :)  I have the best kids ever!!

1 comment:

  1. Very proud of him too. You even managed to capture all of the dirt on his feet too.

    ReplyDelete