5.15.2011

Having a girl

is so much fun :)  Even though I often complain about Lucy's erratic, demanding, bossy attitude, it really is so much fun having a girl.  It doesn't just open up a world to me, it opens up a world to all of us.  The boys are a blast and I am so proud (and blessed!) to have them.  But if we had never had Lucy, the boys would've never had a toy vanity or tutus or play shoes, baby dolls, etc, etc etc.  I know some would think this is a good thing, but by having a little sister the boys get to learn to nurture, they get to be themselves, they get to learn how hard women are to deal with :)  I think this is a bit unfair actually, if we had ONLY had Lucy she would've still played with trains and cars and everything else...bit of a double standard!  Now, in full disclosure I did buy each of my boys a "baby" because I think it's good for children to not be forced into gender roles at the age of two, but they didn't really play with "girly" things until Lucy came along :)  And I benefit by having a girl because she makes me more feminine.  Tonight I gave her a pedicure...and now I'm giving myself one :)  Just one small example :)  But it's fun!  And for Travis, he gets to have that "daddy's girl"....I think that is pretty self explanatory :)

Lucy actually thanked me for painting her piggies "Barney" tonight.  She's so much fun :)



1 comment: