5.25.2011

My back hurts....

I previously posted about my new "sewing room"....which used to be my dining room :)  Well, I have started a project.  I am hopeful it will come out as well as I see it in my head.  I need curtains for Lucy's room...It just so happens that I have some creamy linen-y curtains that would be perfect, if they weren't so plain.  So I am decorating them :)  With giant flowers....my intentions are great but we'll see how they come out.  Last night I ironed everything (oh the joy) and made a new curtain loopy thing at the top of the panels for the rods....tonight I spent a good three hours cutting petals and centers..........yes, three hours.  I also looked through my giant tin of vintage buttons and managed to find six that match.  So I may use those when all is said and done.  Tomorrow I am hoping to pin everything and possibly sew (probably not).  After that though my project will sit and wait until the day I go buy some sort of energy efficient, light blocking material to sew on the backside of the panels (so I don't have to install dark shades as well as curtains.  And by "I", I mean Travis.)......I'll post the curtains when they are finally done.  Maybe in September?! :)  For now enjoy piles of petals.  Oh, and a cute pic of Jude :)



No comments:

Post a Comment