5.23.2011

Meet Liesl :)

I think Liesl is Lucy's second favorite thing in the whole wide world - right behind Barney.  I have to admit I love Liesl too :)  And she is purple, just like Barney (Darn it!  How'd that happen!).  Liesl makes me feel feminine and old school.  I love Liesl, and I love listening to Lucy sing stupid Barney songs while riding behind me on Liesl.  Liesl is my bike :)  And Liesl has a bike seat for Lucy.  We went on a family bike ride tonight and it was so much fun.  I did have to drag my bike up from the basement (good LORD she is heavy!) and Travis was nice enough to fill the tires...but I love bike rides with the fam.  Today was sort of the perfect evening for it, since it was unexpectedly sunny, and sort of hotter than the surface of the sun.  What better way to get in some time in the great outdoors while still keeping fairly cool?

By the way, my bike is named Liesl because I had always said, if I ever had a girl, I wanted to name her Liesl.  And then I found out Lucy was going to be a girl and I just couldn't do that to her!!  I still love the name, but I don't think enough people know the name for her (Lucy) not to eventually hate the name.  So Lucy she is!  And my bike is Liesl!! :)  And she's a purple cruiser :)

1 comment: