4.14.2011

Bedtime snack....

Somehow my pic for the day managed to fit into my calorie allowance....though the sodium will probably do me in.  I really need them this evening.  I don't really consider myself to be an emotional eater, but I also don't think I am ever totally honest with myself (??).....So who knows....

Anyway, I am getting better at knowing how to adjust my camera settings for proper exposure (at least what I consider to be proper exposure) so there's that.  Of course, I don't actually do it before taking a pic.  I take a pic and then adjust from there.  But the fact that I know what needs adjusted and which way to adjust it is I guess good :)

Today was probably the last nice day of weather we'll have for a while.  I hear Sunday is supposed to be rain free.  But I don't fully trust the weathermen.  Yesterday, they said it was supposed to rain on Sunday.  Come Sunday we'll probably have snow.  Tonight we played outside some more.  My kids are just fun, and funny, and honest, whole hearted little people so full of innocence I love to be around them.  Even when they don't really care if they are around me.  I think that I need to learn to not take their answers to my simple question of "what'd you do at school today?" so personal.  Half the time they respond "I don't remember." and the other half it's "Hold my bookbag!" as they take off running home from the bus stop.  I always feel like a. they don't care enough to share with me (even though I know rationally they are not not sharing to be hurtful) and b. that I am always the only parent constantly out of the loop.  I learn things from other parents when I actually have the rare occasion to meet and speak with them.  Jude did ask me this week though if we could get him a diary.  He's big into Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  Maybe we'll do that and at least then I can sneak peeks and know what's going on in his life :)

Another note on the pic for today.  These are sour cream and onion.  Don't be jealous.  You too can eat your weight in potato chips.  And Jude and Quinn HATE our dishes.  They are blue and yellow...just like that team to the north :)

1 comment:

  1. hey now-don't jinx us by saying that weather "s" word! its April!!! that word is not allowed! ;) lol

    & don't worry-my kids never tell me what they've done at school either. I chalk it up to them being too excited to not be there anymore...out of sight out of mind...then I listen to them talk to each other & find out what went on that day at school.

    ReplyDelete