4.18.2011

You know, for a Monday....

It wasn't too bad, come 3pm anyway.  :)  Although I did manage to eat really healthy today and I did "race pace" on my 3 mile run today and got it down to 26:45...Oh yeah, watch me blur as I pass you by, right :)

Once I got Jude off the bus we were able to really enjoy the sunshine.  We came home and changed, he had snack, and we went outside to play with bubbles and sidewalk chalk.  Then Lucy and Quinn got home and joined us!  I voluntarily pulled the weeds from my side flower bed.  I would have preferred to leave them and consider them ground cover, but the were smothering whatever bulbs keep rearing their ugly heads despite the fact that I dig them up every year.  So this year I am leaving the bulbs and letting them own that bed.  I think they're daffodils(tulips?), but they haven't bloomed yet, so who knows, not me!  The kids eventually migrated to the backyard to play on the swing set with Travis....so I had to take a break from my weeding to pick up dog poop.  I live such a glamorous life :)  We even grilled out tonight.  I don't know how the kids are ever going to get to bed on time, all the time, if it keeps getting so warm and sunny out!

My pics for today are taken outside, because I planned ahead and brought my camera out.  Too bad I ony took a few pics though...the first is Quinn.  It looks like he is peeing, but I swear he's just trying to re-tie his swim trunks.  The second is Lucy on Travis' back.  This was an action shot caught as they walked by, so I couldn't really frame it up or anything.  And the third is Lucy stopping to smell the flowers (which I really think are tulips and these are NOT the same as the ones that keep annoyingly coming back on the other side of my house.).



1 comment:

  1. If you look closely at the picture of Lucy smelling the flowers the hose in the background nearest her looks like a snake. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete