4.13.2011

So. tired. must. sleep.

And yet here I am...This is my issue.  No matter how tired I am at the end of the day I want to sit down and relax.  I don't want to go straight from getting out of bed at 5am and doing something all day to just stopping and getting back in bed.  So...while I tried to go to bed early last night, which is why no blog, it didn't work out so well.  Or, I guess it did, in that it's a good thing I went to bed early because Lucy had a horrible night last night, on me, in our bed.  So Travis and I both had a horrible night too.  I put her to bed early tonight, since her day today wasn't much better than last night...but she was resistant and didn't fall asleep much earlier than normal.

Anyway.  While Travis was at work this past Sunday I was working in the yard.  I was working hard in the yard pulling out any dead, matted areas of grass so we could over seed (or something like that)....it took 3 hours and a sunburn (which may or may not peel on my back, it hasn't decided just yet).  So tonight, after days of rain, Travis mowed and we spent 2 more hours seeding the whole lawn and then laying some green seed filled fluff in the patches I had just made bare.  Thing is, I made probably 33% of the yard bare.   Good times....The real good news is, after tomorrow it is supposed to rain six out of seven days of every week for the next couple of weeks.  This will not only keep us from being able to mow (which we can't do until we have decent sprouts) but it will hopefully get the grass to grow.

Tomorrow is Thursday and that means the week is almost over, thankfully.......

My front "side" yard....the smaller half of the front yard....

1 comment:

  1. Almost looks like an obscure photo of the planet. Can't wait to see the blog with the end result. I'm sure it will look great and will have been well worth the time and effort it took.

    ReplyDelete