4.16.2011

First Easter egg hunt of the season.....

Ugh, my color is just off today....I should've just turned my camera to auto since I was taking pics in so many different settings at the Easter egg hunt....but I didn't even think about it (in all honesty).  AND to top it off.  I had my camera set to jpeg only - so NO RAW!  I had to edit in an actual program.  The thing is, I am trying to learn how to take pics that don't need edited.  I'm not trying to learn how to edit.  Maybe I should do both!

Anyway.  We went to an Easter egg hunt at Travis' work today.  This has been only semi successful with our kids in the past.  Jude has never really been too competitive, Quinn for some reason gets shy in situations where there are a ton of people, and this is the first year Lucy is actually old enough to participate.  Lucy and Quinn both "played up" for their ages :)  But they all kicked some butt :)  Is that wrong to say about an Easter egg hunt??  Lucy and Jude both "won" by finding the most eggs for their age groups and gender.  And then we had something like 15 "special" eggs that they were allowed to trade in at the prize table.  Awesome.  They had fun and now we have candy and some fun new toys :)  Win/Win!  I think the most important thing taken from today though is that my kids are all growing and developing - Quinn got out there without being afraid of all the strangers and Jude showed a little competitive edge.  And Lucy, well...she just looked so darn cute in her Easter dress.  She called herself a princess and can even curtsy.  It was a fun time!  Enjoy the pics even though I think they are super craptastic (technically speaking)!  I do love how adorable my kids look in them though - as always!  By the way, I seem to have a tendency to tilt in the same direction...I will work on this!










1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I think they had a lot of fun today. Lucy looked adorable.

    ReplyDelete