2.21.2011

100 miles

I know, I know, more running talk.  But, even though I haven't lost a single pound (no, not ONE) and I get disgustingly sweaty pretty much every work day at lunch, I LOVE to run.  I don't have any more energy than I did when I started.  In fact, I am probably more tired :)  However, I have run outside in the middle of one of the worst winters we have had in a very long time.  And I have done this more than once.  I have run 6 miles at one time without stopping to walk :)  I have run 100 miles.  Yes, I have hit the 100 mile mark.  I am not sure that this is a big deal, but these milestones are what keep me going.  That and the shoes.  I don't even wear running shoes (or other athletic wear) unless I am running (or doing something else athletic :)).  But I love to shoe shop.  So today, for lack of anything better to take a picture of due to me being so tired, meet my new shoes and my Nike+ sportband.  Two things I really rather enjoy :)

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! Way to commit to running and keeping to it. You've inspired a lot of people. I'm proud of you. Here's to 1000.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very proud and like I've had a VERY small part in it :) :) :) One day I'll be back out there with you!

    ReplyDelete