2.11.2011

Some lessons in photography...

Or at least some suggestions on some things you may want to learn while attempting to better your photography skills :)  Tonight I took some pics of the boys with some cute hearts....just to stick with the V-day theme :)

Lessons to learn prior to attempting to become a better photographer.
1. How to use your camera
2. How to edit (and what editing program is worth it and affordable, I don't know, I am still using a free one :) Though it is downloaded to my computer).

The first picture is one taken with my light scoop....it's a poor mans something or other (don't ask me!).  It is a really cool reflector thing that bounces your flash up and out instead of letting the flash directly hit your subject.  This allows a more natural skin tone and a warm, all over light.  My living room is pretty dark though, so I don't know how well I like it in my house.  Perhaps I should buy a lamp for my living room.  Because it is dark in my living room I find the need to use Noiseware (I hate a noisy pic) which I think often times makes the photo too soft, but again, I don't know how to really edit.  I guess it's good that I am still learning, right?  The second and third pics were taken with standard, direct flash.  I still ran them through Noiseware, because again, I hate noise.

Despite my ambiguity on the outcome of my pics for this evening, I will say this was a fun photo shoot.  I set the camera up on a tripod and used my remote so I could actually play and have fun to get more natural looking smiles, etc.  It was fun and I love the boys so much.  Once I let go of control :)  The second pic was remotely taken by Quinn and the third by Jude.

By the way, Lucy goes for tubes on Monday - so keep her in your thoughts and prayers!







1 comment: