2.07.2011

Play-dough and pinch pots...

Quinn was given 5 balls of what I will assume is homemade play-dough today at preschool to celebrate a classmate's birthday.  I assume it was homemade because it has glitter in it :)

Anyway, Quinn was apparently in need of extra attention from me tonight, more than usual.  It's always hard when you have more than one child, and even harder when you have more than two.  As much as I hate the phrase "middle child" that would be the correct term for Quinn.  Obviously, since he was born second out of three he is in the middle.  Sadly, this usually gets him lumped into activities on one end or the other.  While we do make sure to give him one on one time as well, and he does have his own activities, I think this is the life of the second born (out of three :)).  So tonight he wanted me to play a board game with him, so I did.  Just him.  And unfortunately, I won.  I tried to lose, I did....it didn't work.  He did well with this though and came in second place.  Then he wanted me to teach him to make pinch pots with his new play-dough.  He caught on quick and the results were beautiful.  I think we'll buy some real clay this weekend and maybe ask my art teacher neighbor to fire and glaze it for him :)  He would be so excited to have a permanent pinch pot next to Jude's on my bookshelf!

After the pinch pots I surprised Quinn with a little Shel Silverstein reenactment.  Jude really liked this too.  So in honor of the upcoming Hallmark holiday enjoy the second pic on the house!


2 comments:

  1. never heard of a pinch pot, your photography is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite one so far. Keep it up. It was good to hear that you have a couple more followers today.

    ReplyDelete