2.05.2011

Joey Stivic

If the name of my post today means anything to you, you are older than most of the people I know.  :)

Travis had to work today and I really wanted to get a run in (not that I would have done this outside with the craptastic weather we continue to have).  So I set my alarm for 7am on a SATURDAY morning.  I am not sure what is wrong with this picture.  So we all get up, shower (before a run, yes), eat breakfast and go out in the ice/rain/snow to my parents house so I can use their seriously awesome treadmill.  Background, if you don't know my parents, they are collectors.  I grew up going to antique shows and flea markets.  Vacation routes were planned around hitting up places along the way.  Oddly enough, most of the time I enjoyed this and as an adult I still do.  So, after I finished running (in their basement) I started perusing their most recent gathering of auction items.  And then I spotted this.  I just had to have this for Lucy.  And my parents were nice enough to oblige :)  Thanks Mom and Dad!!  How awesome is it though?  An anatomically correct "Betsy Wetsy" style BOY doll from some time in the 70's and from Archie Bunker no less?  Can't get much more anti-PC than this baby.

Sorry that the picture is so non-artistic but I am running out of motivation.  Maybe if the weather would change I could actually get something other than the kids on my couch or the dog in his bed.  Specifically WARM sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm at a loss for words. Keep up the photos and blog though. I look forward to them each day. Hopefully the sunshine will be in our future soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember going to the auctions and flea markets with your family. It was fun times.

    ReplyDelete