2.08.2011

Lucy's lovey....

I have been trying for just about 20 months to get Lucy to attach to a lovey.  I don't know what "leading experts" say on this subject.  But I personally feel that a lovey is a wonderful thing.  Both of my boys still sleep with their lovies every night.  I think it is good for a kid to have something to turn to when times get tough (as every kid knows they can)....For example, Jude and Quinn have both had to handle the addition of a baby to the family.  They have also both had to handle moving into our house.  These are events that can be stressful enough for full grown, well coping adults to handle.  So I like the lovey :)

Lucy on the other hand, hasn't really taken to a lovey, aside from her thumb, until now.  And of course it can't be a cute little blankie with a head, no.  It has to be the large stuffed dog she got last year for Valentine's Day.  She hasn't asked to take it out of the house yet and I'm not sure what we'll say if/when she does.  But she sleeps on it like a pillow in her bed at night and drags it back down in the morning.  She cuddles with it while watching a show, rides it around like a horse, etc.  I think the pillow pet has grown jealous and may rebel with the rest of Lucy's neglected stuffed animals.  I swear I bought no less than FIVE perfectly acceptable pink and girlie lovies before she was born.  Does she want any of those?  No.  It has to be the dog.


2 comments:

  1. Nice pic! It doesn't show that the dog is bigger than she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she's just like her momma...wants what she wants and no one can change that :) I think her lovey is quite perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete